Fire Safety Tips for Kids and Adults
- Make sure all family members know how to dial 911 in case of an emergency.
- Have at least two exits from every room in your home. Invest in fire escape ladders for upstairs bedrooms.
- Go through a practice drill every six months. With the whole family, practice what to do in a fire emergency.
- Assign a tree or other landmark where family members can meet after they escape the burning house.
- Teach children to never go back in the house.
- Train children not to hide from fire under beds, in closets or other places where rescuers cannot easily find them.